TANGO FIESTA - 50% off on Steam RIGHT NOW! Get it here.
We’re a machine! It’s what we do!
We’ve been hard at work this week, adding tons of fixes, tweaks and polish to the game. We’ve spent a considerable chunk of time working on general multiplayer online stability, there’s new music and sfx, and generally things have been tweaked and balanced to be even more fun than before.
Some of this is in response to the bugs we encountered in the Who Wants to Be a Killionaire? update, and others are in preparation for next week’s big update - more on that soon!
Mucking about with a mate - actually Stu our Producer at Mastertronic is Bionic Cop here
Sadly, though we’ve had a valiant effort (and are very very close indeed) we’ve still not solved the issue whereby players can’t join a hosted game if it’s the same host as last time. The best fix is to boot out of Tango and then back in - we’re so close, we nearly had it, but time waits for no man… let alone no goddamn weekly update :D
So what are these lovely changes that we’ve introduced - read on intrepid Tango Fiesta-nator!
- Added new boss fight music for Dutch Courage & Killionaire
- Added new weapon sound for Payne’s weaponry
- Network lobby listing now auto-refreshes every 2.5 seconds
- New error messages added to the network lobby browser, detailing why you were unable to join a lobby
- Added pagination to the leaderboards
- Added some leaderboard info to the base of the leaderboard
- Fixed issue being caused by Conchita spawning with the new weapons in Killionaire
- Fixed issue with the Mission Results splash screen not responding when restarting the game on mission failure
- Fixed issue with legacy save files conversion process causing the countdown to get stuck, and prevent levels being loaded
- Fixed issue with the Killionaires not being blocked by walls
- Fixed issue where bosses would remain active on the mission results screen
- Fixed issue with the chainsaw not firing the sounds at the correct times
- Fixed bullet offsets for when the Killionaires use their respective weaponry
- Bosses now react correctly to specialised weaponry (Burner, Shocker, Dr Frosty)
- Fixed z-index on a number of props which were incorrectly flagged for z-adjustment
- Fixed issue with the wrong skin sometimes being set on spawn in Killionaire (wrong weapon shown)
- Fixed accuracy of arrows
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes occur when finishing a revive over online multiplayer.
- Fixed bug which was showing the wrong number of lobbies found in search results.
- Fixed issues which were being caused in the lobby search and host game options
- Fixed issue with Killionaire boss weapons not unlocking when defeating the relevant boss
- Fixed bug where bosses attacking each other could not kill each other, but would increase the score display
- Fixed rare occurence where the boss-fight would never complete, while playing in single player.
- Fixed missing backgrounds in the settings and leaderboards screens
- Fixed missing headers in character and weapon select
- Fixed missing background fade for control mapping
- Fixed spawn zone issues
- Fixed bug with Killionaire bosses not triggering game-over state correctly when defeated
- Fixed bug with sounds that continue playing on death, during the Killionaire boss fights
- Fixed chainsaw sound from Lockjaw continuing after mission complete
- Updated Lockjaw’s behaviour
- Killionaire shotgunner weapon stats tweaked
- Direction arrows inner-bounds reduced to prevent UI overlap
- Direction arrows now rotate to point to the target
- Game debug info footprint reduced to prevent UI overlap
- Sound effects updated and tweaked
- New sound effects added for Snowflake & General Payne
- Updated password entry prompt in lobby selection
- Updated status messages for joining lobbies. Now also includes connection timeout bar when establishing a P2P connection
- Improved lobby failsafe management for joining a new lobby if previously being in a different one.
- Updated level-generator so that (once again) prop rooms can no longer overlap
- Updated level-generator to prevent bug which could cause props being loaded off of the placed tiles.
- Updated score values for each of the bosses.
More co-op fun!
EVEN MORE co-op fun!
And with that, we bid you adieu! Look out for news about our next planned update - it’s SCARILY exciting!